Exaflow, European Project, Ongoing Activity
The main goal of the project is to address current algorithmic bottlenecks to enable the use of accurate CFD codes for problems of practical engineering interest. The focus will be on different simulation aspects including:
- accurate error control and adaptive mesh refinement in complex computational domains,
- solver efficiency via mixed discontinuous and continuous Galerkin methods and appropriate optimised preconditioners,
- strategies to ensure fault tolerance and resilience,
- heterogeneous modelling to allow for different solution algorithms in different domain zones,
- parallel input/output for extreme data, employing novel data reduction algorithms,
- energy awareness of high-order methods.